We are happy to announce that FACE is hiring! We are looking to add an experienced Senior Research Manager to our team in London.
To find out more about FACE, watch our ‘Manifesto’ video, come meet the team, or of course read our blog (some great pieces recently on ‘social intelligence‘, the ‘business of products‘, and copycat brands in China). That should give you a flavour of what we’re about!
Then send your application (or any questions you may have) to our Head of Research, Matthew.Arnold@Facegroup.com.
Outline of Role:
The role of qualitative Senior Research Manager is key within the team, and to the FACE business as a whole. Senior RMs are expected to contribute significantly to building relationships both internally and externally. They should inspire clients with their attitude and professional application, and the quality of their thinking and work. They are expected to provide advice, guidance and inspiration to junior members of the team, whilst supporting and giving peace of mind to RDs and the management team.
You are a forward-thinking qualitative consultant with at least 4-5 years’ experience, keen to play a key role in the winning, leading, and execution of research and innovation projects. This entails working on the full project lifecycle, from designing and setting up projects and conducting fieldwork, through to analysis, report writing, and presenting. You must have extensive experience of working successfully in teams and be able to manage projects, and help build successful client relationships where necessary – both in the UK and internationally.
- Manage research projects on a day to day basis, using a variety of qualitative methods including face-to-face, online communities, and mobile ethno – and a desire to work with social media (experience not a pre-requisite here).
- Be involved in project costings, including opening and maintaining communication channels with production, and building the costing sheet
- Create task plans for and oversee delivery on online community research
- Help facilitate creative workshops and co-creation
- Run traditional qualitative approaches e.g. focus groups, in depth interviews, immersions
- Proactively look to incorporate social media insight into qualitative approaches. When appropriate, work closely with social media specialists to produce social media reports
- Co-write and present strategic proposals and pitches
- Co-write and present strategic debriefs, client presentations and content for workshops
- Contribute to the agency blog and thought leadership
- Work tirelessly to deliver the quality standards set by the RDs and Head of Research
Skills and experience sought:
A desire to push the insight innovation agenda forward
Our agency leads the way in rethinking how innovation, strategy and insight is generated and utilised in the age of the networked consumer, so a desire to be involved with helping to push the insight innovation agenda forward will be expected.
Teamwork and a solution-driven attitude
In the UK we are a team of 20 all working across multiple projects at any given time. We have a democratic way of working that ensures everyone’s opinion – regardless of level or experience – is listened to and valued. Teamwork and a desire to assist others in the pursuit of value and quality very much lies at the heart of our culture. A positive mindset, an ability to work with and value others, and a solution-driven attitude, are prerequisites for this role.
Commercial savvy and client relationships
You must be able to think and act commercially, and assist in the building of strong client relationships, working with clients at a marketing and management level (beyond client research teams).
We operate a flexible account structure at FACE and the Senior RM will play a key support role on at least two accounts. You will work closely with the relevant RDs and / or Head of Research to devise an on-going account strategy. #
Smart project management
As a Senior RM, you will be able to think quickly and handle multiple projects and work streams simultaneously – being efficient in terms of personal time management, and the management of others.
Salary TBC – competitive
Bonus Entry into FACE account bonus initiative
Private health care Yes
Pension Automatic enrolment into FACE company pension scheme
If you’re interested in applying for this role and you’d love to join FACE, please send your application (or any questions) to Matthew.Arnold@Facegroup.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
If this is not you but you know someone it might fit, please share on email, mailing lists, Twitter (we’re @FaceResearch) and LinkedIn.